Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Responsible for: Execution of Pig Signaller Orders
Job Type: Full time
Location: Newton Aycliffe, Co. Durham
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be expected to work in a design office environment, whilst providing working design solutions to technical problems with the minimum of supervision. You will need to interface with Sales and Clients as well as subcontractors while following the job from sales receipt through to final inspection, testing and dispatch. Dependent on job weekly progress reports and schedule updates managed.
- Perform detail design of Pig Signallers and systems pending skills and experience.
- Develop and review of testing & fabrication documentation.
- Develop custom based design when appropriate
- Preparation of MRB’s and Documentation Dossiers to customer purchase order requirements.
- Perform engineering calculations as required
- Provide input to tenders/proposals
- Collaborate with Purchasing & Production departments to ensure on time delivery within budget
- Develop engineering, project and user documentation
- Provide input to project cost and planning activities
- Contact with Client and suppliers
- Responsible for supplies from initiation to complete supply
- Follow up assembly and testing activity in IK Workshop.
- Procurement according to authority matrix
- Develop construction drawings, procedures and calculations according to duties
- Fulfil allocated role in IDC
- Approval of drawings and procedures.
- Supplier follow up
Qualifications and Skills;
- BSc Engineering or higher (HNC or HND and/or work experience can compensate for lack of formal education)
- Preferably experience from the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience of assessing client specifications including materials, material testing, functional testing and inspection requirements
- 5 years of work experience (lack of years can be compensated by formal education or proof of success)
- Excellent project management skills desired
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Inventor, Autocad, Vault
- MS Project
- Microsoft Office package
Interested? Send your CV and cover letter to Frances Wood, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org