We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This policy applies where we are active as the data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users. We determine the purposes and means for the processing of that personal data.
In this policy, “we”, “us” or “our” refer to IK-UK.
How we use your personal data
In this section, we have set out:
- The general categories of personal data we may process;
- The purposes of why we may process personal data;
- The legal basis of the processing;
- Website enquiries
- Withdrawal of consent; and
- Use of third parties.
Categories of personal data IK-UK collect:
- Email address
- Company name
- Job Title
- Telephone Number
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes;
- Sending appropriate product updates and materials based on interest by email, telephone or post by the IK-UK Sales Team.
- Sending service information, or products of interest to customers based on interest by email, telephone or post by the IK-UK Sales Team.
- Improving the IK-UK website and customer journey using Lead Forensics and Google Analytics.
The Legal Basis for processing data is;
- Consent: IK-UK may send marketing material based on your selected preferences. Consent is received by opting in / out of IK-UK Marketing.
- Legitimate interest: sending information based on the individual’s interest, job title or Company appropriate for IK-UK products, previous relationships or opportunities with IK-UK.
By submitting your sales enquiry on our website, your personal information will be used for the purpose of answering your product enquiry only. This information will not be used for Marketing Communications. IK-UK Sales team may contact you by email or telephone to give you information on relevant products under the Legitimate Interest legal basis. You can opt out of this at any time.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing the IK-UK Sales and Marketing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribing from emails.
There are no special categories of personal data within the Sales and Marketing department.
What is a cookie?
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
Retaining and deleting personal data
Our data retention policies and procedures are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
Personal data that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than necessary for that purpose.
IK-UK have the following retention policies for:
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the user, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the user can always request that data controller suspend or remove the data.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
- the period of retention of personal data will be determined based on the individual’s relationship with IK-UK and the products and services we offer.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold on you. The provision of such information will be subject to completion of a Subject Request Form or emailing email@example.com
The subject access request will be completed within 30 days of receiving the request.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. This can be completed up updating your contact preferences or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to update the information we hold, this can be completed by emailing email@example.com
You can contact IK-UK Marketing team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 714 714